Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
2 T. vegetable oil, divided
½ large ripe banana
1 c. rolled oats
1¼ c. milk
1 egg (because of the banana in this recipe it can be made without the egg if desired)
1 T. maple syrup (+ more to serve)
1½ t. baking powder
1 t. vanilla extract
3 t. ground cinnamon
1½ c. blueberries, divided
season fruit sliced for serving
sliced toasted almonds
warm fruit compote or syrup
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and grease a small, rimmed cookie sheet (sheet pan) with a tablespoon of oil.
- In a powerful blender or a food processor, combine the rest of the oil, banana, egg (if using) rolled oats, milk, maple syrup, baking powder, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Blend until fairly smooth. The batter will be thick.
- Pour the pancake batter onto the greased sheet pan and top with one cup of the blueberries.
- Place in the pre-heated oven and bake until the pancakes are set in the center, slightly puffed up, and golden brown around the edges, approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Serve immediately with additional maple syrup, the remaining blueberries, and fresh fruit, if desired. Enjoy!